Saturday, October 1, 2011

Summary Post C4K 1,2,3


My first student to leave a comment for was Chandler in Mrs Krebs'class. Chandler's post was about some of his favorite things. His class had to bring in a few things to describe themselves. He brought in a basketball, football, baseball, deer, a Nebraska cornhusker's hat. I commented on how impressed I was at how well his blog was done and also that I noticed a guitar pick in with some of his favorite things. I asked him how long he had been playing the guitar and his favorite song to play. You can visit his blog here: Chandler's Blog

My next student to leave a comment for was Jephte at Pt England school. Jephte shared a few facts about Latvia and Lithuania on his blog, such as their population and favorite sports in the country. I commented that both European countries share an interest in basketball and soccer with the American countries here. I also asked Jephte what were some of his favorite sports to play. I ended my reply by complimenting him on how well he manages his blog. You can visit his blog here: Jephte's Blog

My final student to leave a comment for was Chandler again. In his post, Chandler shares that his class is helping raise money for the American Cancer Society. His group came up with many good ideas on how they could do this. One of their ideas was to babysit children in the community and the have the parents donate any amount of money they would like to the American Cancer Society. Another idea was to construct a tree of hope for anyone fighting cancer. Their last idea was to keep a bucket in each classroom and have the students donate money into their classroom's bucket and at the end of the week, whichever class donated the most money to gets the chance to pie a teacher. I commented that the parents of the community would appreciate a night of free babysitting but it sounded like a whole lot of fun to pie a teacher. I encouraged Chandler to attempt to do all three ideas if he and his group are able. I complimented him again on how well of a job he is doing with his blog and him doing his part in bringing awareness and support to the American Cancer Society. You can visit this post here: Chandler's Blog

In all of my comments, I made sure to leave my blog address and email so that the students could reply to the questions that I asked or if they wanted to comment on any of my posts.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Adrienne! Thanks for sharing your links to the kids blogs!

    Keep up the good work,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete