Tuesday, November 29, 2011

C4K #3 November Comments


The Helium Stick
My first post to comment on was by the Excellent 4E and it was entitled, "The Magic Helium Stick". This was a video of the students engaging in a group activity where they must lower a stick to the ground by using all of their fingers, but the stick keeps floating off their fingers.


Hello,
My name is Adrienne Babb and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. The Magic Helium Stick is an awesome invention. I am still baffled as to how it works though. I think that maybe it does have helium in it and that the students fingers have to create a balanced charge of energy along the stick in order to lower it to the ground. I love this activity and think that it is a wonderful way to get students to work together. I will be writing a post about this activity in my blog if you wish to visit or email me about it.

adriennebabb@gmail.com
Adrienne's Blog






The Candy Vampire
The next post that I commented on was a story called "The Candy Vampire" by Matthew in Mrs. Yollis'class. This story is about a scarecrow, Scarry, who stands up to a bully vampire, Draccy, that steals children's candy each Halloween. Once taken to jail, Draccy, decides to change his bullying ways and become a good vampire.

Dear Matthew,

My name is Adrienne Babb and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I read your story, "The Candy Vampire" and I really enjoyed it. I appreciated your message about standing up to bullies. Draccy did the right thing by changing his bullying ways. Great job on the story and keep up the good work. Here are links to my email and blog if you would like to visit or comment on any posts that I create (I will be creating a post about my visit to your class blog).

adriennebabb@gmail.com
Adrienne's Blog

Sincerely,
Adrienne Babb


Draw a Stick Man
This link is to an interactive story where you draw the hero, he comes to life and you help him by drawing different tools to help him along his journey. My son loved it and I thought it was very cool, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment